Charity of Choice
Nominating us as your charity of choice is a fantastic way for us to build a partnership with each other!
When you choose a charity to work with, you want the partnership to feel like a natural extension of your business. Its work should be something that both your workforce and your customers can relate too and will be excited about contributing to. We believe Food Train can offer you exactly that.
As a charity working with older people we understand that no one wants to think about their friends and family getting older and struggling with everyday activities like shopping, hoovering or even changing a light bulb, let alone being socially isolated and lonely. But the reality is that as we live longer we all may need the help and support that Food Train offers.
For almost 25 years Food Train has been making daily life easier for older people, providing vital services to those who are no longer able to manage independently, through age, ill health, frailty or disability. We make hundreds of grocery deliveries every week, ensuring those most in need have access to fresh groceries. Teams of dedicated volunteers across the regions also go that extra mile by helping with household jobs, delivering books through our library service and providing much needed friendly social contact and meals through our Meal Makers and befriending services.
There are many ways in which your business could provide support to Food Train and the vital work it does to help support local older people at home.
We’ve thought of some ideas – but we are happy to work with you to tailor make a package that works for your business.
- Set fundraising targets for your teams and encourage them to get involved in fundraising activities to raise money for us.
- Hold fundraising events in your workplaces.
- Host collection tins in your offices or premises.
- Sponsor a box, vehicle, activity or event.
- Set up a payroll giving scheme for your staff. or promote our charity in your existing scheme.
- Allow your staff time off to volunteer.
- Donate your services or expertise.
- Use your marketing to promote our charity.
- Pledge to match what your staff raise.
Age Friendly Employer